Do you want to write for the Idiya community? You’ve come to the right place.
Our blog is focused on discussing the problems of today that will bring about the innovations of tomorrow.We are seeking to bring unique content to our community that contributes to social good and global entrepreneurship.
Please read through these guidelines before submitting a piece to our editorial team.
What We Publish
Here’s a list of what we publish from guest contributors:
- Weekly how-to bylined articles for our website and monthly newsletter.
- Weekly summaries of research findings based on polls, surveys, and research studies conducted by marketers, academia, PR firms, and other researchers
- Opinion articles, that offer particularly valuable insights and views that are unique.
- Series, we extend invites to our most popular guest contributors to contribute to a blog series that our audience prefers.
How to Get Your Byline Published
We get a lot of submissions. These guidelines will increase your chances of getting your article published within our community.
- Write from an objective viewpoint and convey valuable how-to information to the reader. Focus on practical advice, actionable tips, and useful know-how about a specific marketing topic or approach to marketing. Bullet points are good. Meandering text is not.
- Use a fresh, approachable voice. You are a person writing for other people. So, sound like one.
- Articles should be at least 500-800 words, but no more than 1,000 or so. Feel free to include images, charts, graphs, and the like—but only if they help convey a point.
- Articles should be original to the author and unpublished elsewhere.
- Include a brief bio of 25 words, including LinkedIn and Twitter contact info, if available, and a recent headshot.
- Include relevant links immediately preceding the words to be linked (the anchor text); do not embed the links in the anchor text (but feel free to underline that anchor text).
- Submit articles in Microsoft Word format (no PDF files, please), as email attachments.
- Send byline submissions here and include “Idiya Consulting byline contribution” in your email subject line.
We will inform you if your article has been accepted for publication; expect to hear from us within a week or two of our having received your email. If we don’t accept your article, you may or may not hear from us, depending on how crowded our inbox is.
Note: We do not publish press releases but if you are running a crowdfunding campaign, feel free to contact us to see how we assist your efforts.
My Article Was Selected for Publication. What’s next?
- Your article will be edited for clarity and brevity, and to match the standards set for our blogging community.
- We will probably change your headline, too, so you might want to suggest alternatives.
- The author retains copyright and may republish the article on his/her personal or company blog or site after the article has been published on Idiya Consulting. In such cases, we ask that you cite Idiya Consulting and link to the original article on our site.
- Idiya Consulting may also reprint your piece, with full attribution, in our products, including marketing materials.
- We do not pay guest contributors for their articles.
- Our article queue is long, and publication could take a month or so.
Feel free to email us with any questions you have here.